The Hamilton Conservation Foundation is seeking interested and qualified individuals to serve on the Board of Directors.
The Hamilton Conservation Foundation is a community-based, not-for-profit corporation, raising funds and other resources to support the Hamilton Conservation Authority in meeting its conservation, environmental education and heritage preservation goals. The Board of Directors is responsible for maintaining the fiscal health and meeting corporate requirements of the Foundation, practicing responsible stewardship of the funds received, and fostering a shared conservation vision with the Hamilton Conservation Authority and the community of supporters.
As a Director and member of the Board, you will be expected to:
- Attend monthly, evening Board meetings (2nd Monday of the month, September to June);
- Attend the Annual General Meeting (2nd Monday of May); election of Directors takes place at the Annual General Meeting;
- Participate in Foundation and community activities;
- Serve on at least one Standing Committee of the Board;
- Serve one 3 -year term with the option of standing for re-election by the membership for a second 3 year term.
We are currently looking for candidates with an interest in attracting resources needed for important conservation needs, and experience ranging from financial management, not-for-profit corporate governance, human resources management, fundraising, to marketing and communication. Candidates should possess leadership and communication skills, have insight to help shape the Foundation’s direction, and be willing to strengthen the role of the Hamilton Conservation Foundation within the Hamilton community.
These are non-paid, volunteer positions. For further information, please see: http://www.hamiltonconservationfoundation.ca/
If you appreciate the importance of conservation and helping our community in a volunteer capacity, please email your resume and cover letter (volunteer experience included) to:
Hamilton Conservation Foundation Board Governance Committee
Deadline: April 12, 2015