The Hamilton Conservation Authority currently has a 3-year contract opportunity for a Foundation Administrative Coordinator
The Hamilton Conservation Foundation raises awareness, funds and resources for priority conservation projects of Hamilton Conservation Authority (HCA). Annually, HCA must generate a significant portion of its operating budget through user fees and business initiatives and fundraising helps to close gaps and enhance the work of HCA.
The Administrative Coordinator will support the Executive Director and Foundation and plays a key role in maintaining the smooth and efficient flow of information and financials for the Foundation. The position will undertake a variety of administrative duties including coordinating Foundation database records and documents, maintaining budget and funding records, and processing invoices for payment. The position will provide a high level of customer service in a professional and courteous manner, liaising with HCA staff, Foundation Board and committee volunteers, and external donors, partners and suppliers regarding campaign monitoring and project reporting where necessary. The Coordinator will also assist with volunteer outreach, special events, and donor communications.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business or office administration
- Minimum 2 to 3 years relevant experience in a not-for-profit or charitable organization, foundation, or fundraising organization
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial matters and social media channels
And even better if…
- You have previous experience with Board administration (minute taking, motions, procedures, etc.)
- You have previous experience with event and volunteer coordination
- You have knowledge of donor software (DonorPerfect an asset)
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member
- Effective listening skills
- Professional tact and diplomacy dealing with donors, HCA staff, and volunteers
- High level of confidentiality with donor information
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A valid Ontario driver’s license, Class “G” to drive to the office (office not accessible by public transit) and travel to other locations for meetings and events as required
As per HCA’s Vaccination Verification and Testing policy, all HCA staff members must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or undertake regular testing.
The position is located in the Hamilton Conservation Authority main office at “Woodend”, 838 Mineral Spring Road, Ancaster. Working hours between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm for a total workweek of 37.5 hours per week or 7.5 hours per day. Occasional weekend and evening work is required to assist with meetings and events outside normal working hours.
This is a contract position with the 2022 starting of $25.67 per hour, based on experience. Yearly cost-of-living adjustments (COLA) and merit increases may also be considered.
Interested applicants should email resume and covering letter by 4:00 pm Friday, December 17, 2021, to:
Attention: Foundation Executive Director
(please quote “Foundation Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line and send in MS Word or PDF format)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources of any disability required accommodations in advance.