It’s been a fantastic year for the Foundation and the EcoPark Campaign! Here’s some of our year-end highlights:
- An Ontario Trillium Foundation grant of $171,600 will enable HCA and partners to implement the top 10 priorities from the Dundas Valley 50 Year Vision.
- A pledge of $100,000 from the John Deere Foundation of Canada toward the Desjardins Canal Parklands Visitor Shelter
- We’re very pleased to announce a two year partnership with the Dundas Valley Sunrise Rotary Club and the Rotary Club of Dundas to raise $120,000 cash and in-kind services. This funding will construct the Chimney Swift Viewing Shelter and create the Rotary Forest at the Desjardins Canal Parklands.
- The Goemans family donated $50,000 in memory of the late Tony Goemans which will fund landscaping improvements to the Devil’s Punchbowl CA. Click here to read more.
- A donation of $15,000 from Rothsay will fund Outdoor Environmental Education programs in the Dundas Valley Conservation Area, which attract an average of 9,000 children each year. By getting children out into nature, Rothsay are continuing to build on their massive legacy of support for the program which spans over 9 years and $120,000.
- Foundation support for Outdoor Environmental Education topped our annual goal of $55,000 once again with our final three donations coming in right at the wire from RPR Environmental ($7,500), Rothsay ($15,000) and the Dobson-McKee Endowment Fund ($11,387). Thank you everyone!
This list doesn’t even begin to reflect the sustaining generosity that continues to pour in in response to our year-end appeal. We’re on track to have an impact on Hamilton’s green spaces that will be more positive than ever before! If you’d like to add your gift to the growing crowd of supporters declaring their support for green space, please click here.